Wednesday, February 19, 2014

You're Welcome Pet Peeves

One of my pet peeves at work is when I spend time working with someone or helping them and they don't say thank you. While it is my job to provide various services to my colleagues, I also work hard to go the extra mile and do the right thing. I don't think it's unreasonable that when I've helped them through something that they say a simple thank you, show a little freaking gratitude - it's not too much to ask.
***********************************
In other news, we got hit with another blast of snow yesterday, much more than anyone expected. It's been a few years since we've has as much snow as we do now. At work, there are some piles of snow that are 6-8 feet tall. At home, I've been trying hard to keep up with it, especially since I have this ridiculous kitchen remodel beginning tomorrow and people are going to be coming in an out of my house (which makes me so ridiculously anxious).

I am deep into this book about Warren Zevon, I'll write a review here in a few days after I finish it but wow, what a wild story!

Another pet peeve, people who drive with snow on their car. I'm not talking just a slither but inches. I say if you've got more than an inch and a half to two inches of snow atop your vehicle that you should be stopped for a ticket. The dangers to everyone else on the road are immeasurable, I've seen it on the news and first hand. I know it's a pain in the ass but a few seconds of inconvenience may save a life.

One final pet peeve for this post, student who bring their young kids to school, especially those who are so young, they are incapable of sitting still or restraining themselves in any way for more than eleven seconds. As I write this, some jerk is so self absorbed in his school work that his very young boy is running willy nilly through the library, picking up the emergency phone, and making it hard for every other student to concentrate. The poor kid is just being a kid, and I totally understand the parental difficulty of child care sometimes but I'm sorry, if your kid is feisty and is causing a disturbance for everyone else, the right thing to do is to take your kid and leave, your child should be the priority.


No comments: