Thursday, March 20, 2014

In My Ears

Here's a list of the music I've listened to this far in 2014:

Billy Joel - Entire Catalog
I've given a lot of crap to BJ and wanted to go back and listen to all the music I love and forget the things I don't like about how he's chose to handle his career.

Elvis Costello & The Roots - Wise Up Ghost
Serious stuff, but great.

Avril Lavigne - Avril Lavigne
Not brilliant, but poppy and ok in it's place.

Imagine Dragons - Night Visions
Amazing.

Kellie Pickler - the Woman I Am
Country pop - if you like the genre, it's work listening to.

Bruce Springsteen - High Hopes
Love this guy. A nice take on some stuff from his archives.

Vertical Horizon - Echoes from the Underground
Solid record from a class act.

Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires of the City
Love it.

A Great Big World - Is There Anybody Out There?
Ian Axel & chad Vaccarino - saw them open for Five for Fighting. Pop music - good listen and good guys.

The Head and The Heart - The Head and The Heart
Staying in my playlist...another NPR find.

Lady Gaga - Artpop
She still does it for me.

Five For Fighting - Bookmarks
Solid, throwback to how these type of songs should be written and performed. Like it more with each listen.

James Blunt - Moon Landing
A pleasant surprise.

The Great Gatsby - The Jazz Recordings
Call it Bryan Ferry Orchestra part 2 - lots of fun.

Sammy Hagar - Sammy Hagar & Friends
I'm a fan. Interesting cover of Depeche Mode's Personal Jesus too!

Panic at the Disco - Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die!
Had no expectations, like it a lot.

Pearl Jam - Lightning Bolt
Love it, maybe my new favorite Pearl Jam album.

The Blind Boys of Alabama - I'll Find a Way
Didn't hold up for me.

Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines
I like the title track, the rest of the CD, not so much.

Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience - Part 2
These should have remained unreleased. I think he's so talented but he doesn't need the obligatory hip hop, it's doesn't work.

No comments: