Monday, March 03, 2014

The Kindness of...

As you regular readers know, I am currently on a makeshift kitchen while waiting for the correct cabinets to arrive so the remodel can proceed. As such, my daughter and I are eating prepared foods or take out. A friend invited us over for dinner Sunday night, so it was nice to get a home cooked meal into our bellies.

Linda's family feels like family to me too. Her kids are grown and I've been friends with all of them and I was the officiant for her and her husband when they married. Linda is working through a kitchen remodel as well, earlier stages, so she still has a functioning kitchen. If the time comes where I am up and running and she is down, I'll have her and Bill over for dinner as well.

In addition to me being there, her son Joe (along with his wife and dog) were over. Joe is heading to Dubai on Friday to take a class for his Master's program.

It was an interesting and fun night with friends, food and a bit of vino.

No comments: