Wednesday, May 28, 2014

En Route

By the time you read this, I should have already made it to NY, Staten Island to be precise. My niece is graduating college tomorrow and I want to be there to see it happen and celebrate with her; I am very proud of her!

Of course, can't make a trip into NY without attempting to visit with other family/friends - so a trip to Phillips Candy to see Maria, a long overdue visit with my cousins Jen, JoAnn and Joe (and a selection of their offspring) are already scheduled.

As I work my way back to MA, I am going to stop at a favorite pizza joint in Brooklyn, the legendary L&B Spumoni Garden - I am hoping that a few friends will be able to meet up. I did that once before and it's nice, instead of trying to run around to visit as many people as you can and driving around, I plant my ass, have great food at my disposal, and everyone that can make it comes by.

As I type this, I am moments from heading out the door and I already dread the drive...but it will be worth it!

No comments: