1) Are you a veteran? Are there veterans in your family?
I am not a veteran. I was one of the early enrollees in the selective service system. My dad was in the navy but for Italy, during WWII. However, he became an American citizen in the 1950's and was a true patriot until he passed away.
2) Memorial Day also kicks off the summer season. What's your favorite picnic food?
I love ribs. Are ribs picnic food? Also, watermelon!
3) Let's celebrate the Memorial Day holiday with ice cream. What's your favorite flavor?
Chocolate. Unless of course you want to get into the mixes, but let's just say chocolate.
4) This marks the weekend when Americans step up their outdoor activity and do things they may not have been able to do during the winter months. For example, when is the last time you rode a bike?
I moved to MA in September of 1997 and before I moved here I sold my bike. I haven't ridden a bike since.
5) Or went hiking?
Is there a difference between hiking and walking? What distinguishes the two? I don't recall the last time I said "I'm going hiking" but I walk a lot.
6) Or rode a horse?
As a senior in high school, gym class was either bowling or horseback riding. At first, I tried out horseback riding - did it once, hated every second of it and haven't done it since. That was September of 1981.
7) Or toasted a marshmallow?
8) As you answer these questions, is there an air conditioner or window fan on?
No, it's a bit on the chilly side out there right now. There is a fan to the let of me though, just not on. I haven't yet turned on the A/C this season.