Thursday, June 19, 2014

Fire Drill is to Funeral as....

You know how sometimes, you go to a funeral, and you see people that haven't seen since the last funeral? In fact, you then realize there is a core group of people you only see at funerals (and weddings too perhaps)?

Today, we had a fire drill and I noticed a few folks whom I hadn't noticed since the last fire drill. In fact, I hadn't even thought of them until I saw them, then thought, "hey, I don't believe I've seen you since the last fire drill." Then, the thought goes away, for the most part....I kept it alive only so that I could write this, I suspect it will be gone soon after I hit the publish button on this post.

BTW, you can always tell the students who paid their own tuition versus those who are on some kind of free ride from the parents or something. The self-pay folks are like, come on, I got studying to do. The free-ride folks are like, thank God, that was boring.

No comments: