Friday, June 06, 2014

Relapse into Nightmare

You may recall my post where the painter finished and I was glad to be rid of that amateur. Only a week later, the paint on the ceiling in the bathroom began to chip. FUCK!!!

What a nightmare.

He came yesterday, finally, to look at it and to "make it right" but he's already begun to fuck it up even more. While he, I think, is using the correct paint, he decided to put a new piece of sheet rock over the ceiling in the shower and he painted that. WHAT!!!

Now there is a 1/2" overhang beyond the tile molding...which of course will absorb moisture and begin the destruction of that piece of ceiling. Why he did not simply scrape and prep the previous ceiling (mind you it's stand up shower stall, not all that big) and prep, prime and paint accordingly?

I hope this doesn't have to get ugly but if it must, I will not hesitate to take legal action to get this job done right. I am so freaking pissed of.

He's now taken 8 days and needs to come back for at least a 9th and who knows how many more, for a job that no true pro would have taken more than 3 or 4 days.

No comments: