Monday, June 30, 2014

There's Nothing Gay About Marriage

I have long supported marriage equality. I firmly believe that any two consenting adults should be allowed to marry regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, or anything. I will support this forever.

While the people who believe otherwise, you know, the ones who are wrong, may choose to call it "Gay Marriage" - I believe those who support it and the media need to stop referring to it as gay marriage and simply refer to it as marriage.

I for one am perplexed that there is any debate at all. I'm more baffled by the amount of time and money that has gone into the debate, and worse, the opposition.

I believe denying anyone the right to marry based on gender, race, or religious beliefs, us unconstitutional.

If we dig deep, there are numerous things we can find in our culture that merit debate, I don't believe marriage is one of them. As far as I can see, there is nothing to debate, if two consenting adults wish to marry that is their constitution AND God given right.

No comments: