Wednesday, July 30, 2014

A Big F U to the Cell Phone Providers of the World

I've said before and I will say again since it's relevant here, if time were to give back one technology as if it had never existed, my greatest hope is that the cell phone would be the one to go. Cell phones have altered the social compass of our world and degraded it to the point where it's downright sad and dare I say, disgusting.

I've used cellular technology since the 80's and while the devices have obviously improved in capability, the actual technology and infrastructure seems no better at all. At the pace that the technology world moves, there is not a single good reason that there shouldn't be a full strength cell signal on every phone everywhere on the planet earth and any excuse anyone can come up with is just that, an excuse.

Of course the worst part of owning a cell phone is the crooked companies that provide the services. The whole fucking thing is a racket and quiet frankly, more notorious than some operations run by actual racketeers.

So I am taking this time, in my space here on the Internets to say a big hearty F U to Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and everyone else ripping off customers world wide.

UPDATE: I need to call myself out for doing something I dread, something I hate. I started the last paragraph above with the word So. I put a strike through it to prove my point that it is never necessary to do so and simply removing it makes the sentence more palatable and better. Thanks for calling me out DJ - I am human and fuck up sometimes too - but am man enough to admit when I make a mistake.

No comments: