Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Finger Bang

Get your head out of the gutter!

I was helping a friend move a few boxes and slipped a bit. In trying to catch myself so I wouldn't get hurt, I got hurt. The thumb on my right hand got pushed back against the wall - hurt mike a mother for a while. I basically ignored the pain initially and when I woke up the following day, I could hardly move my right hand.

I decided to put together a nice hot Epsom soak - after about ten minutes soaking, I was able to flex the hand a bit, though not completely pain free, significantly better than before - so I figured I would repeat the soaks and perhaps in time, the hand would get better. Again, lots of assuming going on here (you know where that often leads), that perhaps it was a nasty internal bruise or strain that would eventually heal.

The unfortunate event happened on Friday evening and as I type this very early on Tuesday morning - there is still a decent amount of pain and not enough mobility and I guess it might be time to seek medical advice. Of course the timing sucks beanbags as I am headed out of town next Monday for a week but I got to at least get it looked at, right?

Every time there is a thumb involved in anything, I can't help but think of this scene from "The Pope of Greenwich Village":

No comments: