Sunday, July 13, 2014

Second Session, Different than the First

I told you of my first six week class that ende a few weeks ago. Overall, quite successful and most were on board right from the start, a necessity in such an accelerated situation.

Noon today was the official end to week one of the second six week session and boy, what a difference-and not for the better. I was on top of everyone, assuming that perhaps signing up a whole back then all of a sudden when the heart of summer hits, it's time to get into school mode. I sent 3 or 4 emails throughout the week before the class and opened up the learning environment at that time. At the end of the first and second days of class, I sent email to those who had not yet checked in. I've been on top of them all as much as possible yet only about half completed all of the assignment and about a quarter of them got no work done at all. Ouch!

I have been working really hard, I know I've done my part, but some of these folks have checked out before they checked in and worse, a couple have to be withdrawn for violation of attendance policy, that means they lose all the money they paid for the course.

I hope there's a drastic turnaround in week two.

No comments: