Thursday, August 07, 2014

Letting Go

My daughter has had a pretty lazy summer. On the days she is with me, I'll pick her up after work, about 4pm, and she's still in her pajamas. Today was no different, pj's, t-shirt, flip-flops....we get to the house and she's on that computer in a heartbeat.

We are sitting on the couch, just hanging out, cracking jokes, chatting and doing our own thing too. All of a sudden, her BFF texts me on my phone asking if I could have my daughter touch base. She said she's been trying her cell all say to no avail...so one I am messenger dad.

Within minutes, my daughter asks of she can go to the movies...of course I said yes, but again, it was hard to let her go because I wanted her to be with me, and hang out.

It's something I know I have to get used to, it's only going to happen more, I know that. How the heck did she be 16 so quickly?

In an unrelated thing, this is a piece do art I did recently:

No comments: