Saturday, August 30, 2014

Meme: All Night Long

Meme found on the blog of Samantha Winters.

If you need a reminder or just wish to was nostalgic, here's the song via the original video.



This music video was produced by Mike Nesmith of The Monkees. Can you name a Monkees song?
Yes, would you like for me to prove it?
Okay..."Daydream Believer. How about "Last Train to Clarksville". Are you convinced yet?
"I'm a Believer"...are you...I think I am done with this one; next!

The song includes the foreign sounding phrases, "Oh jambali Tom bo li d, say de moi ya," and "Oh, Jambo Jumbo!" Mr. Richie meant to include language indigenous to the Caribbean, but was writing the song under deadline and simply made those phrases up instead. Tell about the most recent time you cheated or "cut corners."
Sometimes I randomly decide to try out a recipe and don't have all of the ingredients, but I don't realize that until I am too deep into it and can't get to the store to get it - so I try to cleverly replace it with something else I do have.

I will often "improvise" when absolutely necessary, but never in a bad or negative way.

Richie was a frat boy at college. Kappa Kappa Psi, to be exact. Were you a member of a fraternity or sorority?
I went to a commuter college for undergraduate school, so we didn't have any of that - and I am glad. Conceptually, I don't have a big problem with fraternities or sororities but I would actually outlaw them considering the incredibly poor behavior attributed to them - I have seen no evidence of them being anything but a detriment to one's education. That said, I wouldn't find it hard to believe that there may actually be some fraternities and/or sororities out there that aren't all about hazing, partying and blowing a significant chunk of expensive education time into oblivion.

When this song topped the charts (September 1983), Vanessa Williams became the first African American to be crowned as Miss America. Do you watch beauty pageants?

I don't watch them, though I can't say that I never have.

Since it's Labor Day weekend, that holiday established to celebrate the American worker, let's talk about the workplace. Tellers work in a bank, actors work on a stage or a set, auto workers work on an assembly line. How would you describe your workplace?
My workplace is a community college. I work in the honorable field of public education.

An estimated 40% of us have dated a coworker. Have you ever had an office romance?
Many times, some might say way too many.

Labor Day is a big weekend for travel. How did you book your last vacation? (Online, through a travel agent, over the phone ...)
Online. What is this travel agent you speak of? LOL! Just kidding, I remember them, they kind of still exist but barely, and I doubt for long.

Mother Winters won't wear white again now until next Memorial Day. Sam thinks that's just crazy. Where do you fall in this heated mother/daughter debate?
There are very few people who can effectively pull off wearing white, I admire those people and encourage all who can wear it well to wear it whenever they wish and not let trends, seasons, or anything else stop them.

When you look at back on Summer 2014, what will you remember?
Nothing so memorable happened that it will register on the things I hope never to forget list, at least as far as I can recall. Part of me is sad about that, but only a tiny bit.


No comments: