Sunday, August 10, 2014

No Thanks on the Bucket of Ice Water

GO HERE...then come back. There, I just did more for ALS awareness than every one of those videos combined.

Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed watching them. I am glad no one had nominated me because I will neither accept the challenge nor donate $100...that, to me, is all fun and games, but not an effective way to raise awareness or money.

At this point, it's become nothing more than a novelty, who is going to do it next and how funny will it be. I don't know that I've seen any one of them where anyone mentions what ALS is, where to find information about it or done anything to raise any awareness.

I don't mean to spoil the party, and I do believe everyone is going in with good intentions. Perhaps that has to be enough.

No comments: