Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Do Wishes Come True (A Decade Later)

I posted these 5 wishes on 9/11/2004, the red comments are my thoughts on them today:

This is in no particular order and is being written on the fly:

1. If we must hurt, let it only serve to remind us that when we find that which brings us joy, it is worth both the sacrifice and the risk it may take to get it.

I think this is still a powerful statement. There does seem to be greater sacrifices being made though at considerable cost. The world has gotten a bit scarier, makes valuing that which is precious more necessary.

2. Before I take my last breath in this life, I get to meet the beautiful people I've grown so fond of in the blogging community.

I've met Egan, Meg, and Tori - all fabulous people. the blogging community has greatly diminished but I have worked hard to maintain many of the friendships I've made over the course of this past decade.

3. The people of the United States of America to open their eyes, ears, hearts, and minds and realize that our current president is an evil man whose only good intentions are meant for him and those who serve him. Please let this country band together to make him go away.

Written about the insanely stupid and clueless George W. Bush. there has been much criticism about our current president, Barack Obama but I like him. I can't say Obama has made all the right moves but he's a smart and caring man whose intentions are genuine.

4. For the families of those who've endured tragedies such as 9/11, any of the many wars, and any of the lesser known but no less tragic events that fill our newscasts nightly to find whatever it is they need to move on and have some happiness and joy in their lives despite the scars these tragedies will leave them with.

It's so sad to think of how many more tragedies we've had this past decade and how many families have had to endure such pain. Over the last decade I've lost friends, family, and family of friends to natural causes, cancer, and other problems. Life goes on, as we get older, these kinds of things happen - it doesn't get easier though. It's particularly hard to know that people I care about are in pain, for any reason. Here's to hope and positivity, and some peace of mind for all.

5. That I can have the strength and courage to continue to grow as a person, and share what I've learned in this life with others.

I've tried hard to be more charitable, to be a better citizen of the community in which I live and to work hard. What I have failed at, especially most recently, is taking care of myself...there's an emptiness in my heart - a pain that I am having a hard time resolving. I am trying though.

No comments: