Tuesday, September 02, 2014

In My Ears VII

Michael Jackson - Bad
I hadn't listened to this MJ record in quite some time. I have to say it holds up nicely.









Peter & Gordon - Greatest Hits
I had just seen Peter Asher live and needed to revisit some of this classic material.


John Legend - Love in the Future
Legend continues to put out very strong pop music that has far greater depth than most of what you will hear on the top 40.









Ingrid Michaelson - Lights Out
There's something about her music that's captivating.



Neon Trees - Pop Psychology
What a perfect name for this record. Whatever a pop song should be in 2014, Neon Trees follow up to Picture Show continues the trend of catchy songs, catchy riffs and all around fun music to listen to.








Miranda Lambert - Platinum
Hard not to know who she is by now, I saw her live at the beginning of her career and knew she was going to be big, just a firecracker with an attitude.

Taking Back Sunday - Happiness Is
This is one of a couple I just grabbed out of the new release bin without ever having heard anything about it; the cover art was interesting. I wish I could say the same about the music, not so much though. Good thing, the bin I grabbed it from was at the library, so no financial loss!







Michael Jackson - Xscape
Release posthumously with great anticipation and excitement, this record should have been buried with him. These songs were so clearly not meant to be released, at least not yet. Sadly, the almighty dollar got the best of all involved...a disgrace.

The 1975 - The 1975
Another find at the library, another record I never heard of, another cool cover that drew me in....another waste of time.






No comments: