Thursday, September 18, 2014

In My Ears - VIII

Here is a look at the music I've consumed since the last "In My Ears" post:

Bob Mould - Black Sheets of Rain
Fresh off an appearance on the WTF podcast, I felt like reaching back into some of Mould's work, all good stuff.

Fountains of Wayne - Fountains of Wayne
Still bothers me that I only discovered this band a couple of years ago, fun music.

Imagine Dragons - Continued Silence (EP)
All songs that made it on to the full length record that went nuts...solid music.

Of Montreal - Lousy with Sylvianbriar
Quirky album title from an ecletic band but for certain, this is a contender or my album of the year; amazing from start to finish.

Craig Campbell - Never Regret
If you like modern country music, listen - if not, don't.

Conor Oberst - Upside Down Mountain
Something magnetic about this dude's voice - love it.

Straight No Chaser - Under the Influence
An acapella group doing covers and featuring guest spots, sounds like a corny premise but it all works really nicely.

St. Vincent - St. Vincent
Anne Clark is a talented guitarist and avant-garde performer whose songs and art are captivating.

Roseanne Cash - The River and The Thread
Rootsy and beautiful.

Coldplay - Ghost Stories
What you might expect from Coldplay

No comments: