Monday, September 08, 2014

Whole Foods Story

I had a very humble lunch at Whole Foods today. I brought to the register a single slice of cheese pizza and just a spoonful or so of a mixture of wheatberries, quinoa, and sliced almonds.

The cashier, someone I had never seen, so I assumed to be new, rung up the sale and said, "Three dollars and seventy two cents please." Then after a very (and I mean very) brief pause said, "wait a second..." the cashier then proceeded to stare at her register screen with an expression of concern and shock.

Without missing a beat, I said out loud, "I know what you are up to. You are saying to yourself, this is Whole Foods, it's not possible that someone can get an entire lunch order in under $4, something must be wrong...am I right?"

She immediately busted out in laughter (as did the dude behind me in line).

Speaks volumes. Entertaining though.

No comments: