Friday, October 10, 2014

Identity Theft

Let me start by saying that I did not have my identity stolen. On one website that I frequent they not only had to change my password, but now I am no longer able to use any of the passwords that I have previously used and they required me to answer not one, not two, not three, not four, but five different security questions.

The selection of questions to choose from was plain ridiculous. I am reasonably certain that There is only a very small chance that I will be able to remember the answer to any and/or all of these questions.

For me, there comes a point where there such a thing as being too secure and that the cost of that security may even be greater than the cost of recovering from the theft it is designed to prevent. I know for some that statement is a bit of an over dramatization, and in some ways, it is. However, I do believe that this at its core is true. There is a point where it is impossible to remember all of the passwords for all of the accounts we are required to maintain just to get by on a normal day.

I guess that's all I have to say about this for now.

No comments: