Tuesday, October 21, 2014

In My Ears X

Two in one day? Why not just one long one? Simple...the one that posted earlier was typed in about a week ago and somehow I set it to publish in the future, that being today. Today's list is today's list...the things I've listened to since that list.

Peter & Gordon - Original Hits
All the songs that are on the greatest hits I listened to a while back but more songs in addition to those. This is a more robust compilation and better produced recordings and masterings.

Twin Forks - Twin Forks
Described as an "Americana Folk Rock Band", and accurately so. I first heard them on NPR and wanted to check out the whole record, glad I did.

Dum Dum Girls - Only In Dreams
Dum Dum Girls - Too True
Another NPR find.- unique but clearly influenced by a variety of popular musical acts. Very different, but nice.

Laura Cantrell - Humming by the Flowered Vine
Just the album title alone would hook me. I wanted to hear more after the CD I listened to a few weeks back. Again, authentic, and terrific.

Jeremy Messersmith - Heart Murmurs
I hope you don't tire of me saying, "NPR find", it's a primary source of new music for me, has been for some time. Minneapolis based singer-songwriter that makes music worth hearing.

Fountains of Wayne - Sky Full of Holes
Love this band a lot, didn't discover them until they had been around for years but glad that I did. This is one of those artists whose work I am going back to rediscover.

No comments: