Sunday, December 21, 2014

In My Ears XI

Been exactly two months to the day since my last In My Ears post; here's what's been in them since that time:

Chris LeDoux - Whatcha Gonna Do With A Cowboy
A former rodeo cowboy, had been a recording artists since the 1970's but never achieved major success - until Garth Brooks mentioned him in a song and then championed for him. LeDoux passed away in 2005 but the music lives on.

Mark Knopfler - The Ragpicker's Dream
Mark Knopfler - Shangri-La
Mark Knopfler - Sailing to Philadelphia
Yes, just continuing to revisit the Knopfler catalog - it gets better with age.

Fountains of Wayne - Sky Full of Holes
Fountains of Wayne - Traffic and Weather
Fountains of Wayne - Utopia Parkway
Another artist whose catalog I am revisiting...such a fun band.

Bob Mould - Bob Mould
Bob Mould - Workbook
Ever since his WTF interview, I've been going back to his solo work. One of these days I'm going to revisit the Husker Du catalog.

Montgomery/Gentry - Back When I Knew It All
Been a while since I heard this one.

Sue Ellen - Sunday Hangover
I really interesting collection of covers. I stumbled across this on Spotify and love it.

Ramones - Subterranean Jungle
Just felt moved to hear some Ramones and randomly selected this one.

Against Me! - The Original Cowboy
Still learning about this band - late to the party but glad I got there.

Ace Frehley - Space Invader
Not brilliant by any means but it's Ace, so I had to.

Laura Cantrell - Kitty Wells Dresses: Songs of the Queen of Country Music
I keep referring to Cantrell as "authentic", here, she covers Kitty Wells, he definition of authentic as far as female country singers go; and she does so brilliantly.

Ages and Ages - Divisionary
Another find from NPR - watch the video, you'll wanna hear it too:

No comments: