Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Do you Have a Question for Meme?

If you had a word bubble over your head today that could say anything (and yes, people would see it), what would it say?
Stay warm!

Tell us about your first day at something — your first day of school, first day of work, first day living on your own, first day blogging, first day as a parent, whatever.
I once quit a new job after 2.5 hours of the first day.
The job was at a recording studio in New York City. I was so into music and I was also just naive enough coupled with believing that maybe this could be my in. I was told that if I were willing to take a data entry job, that perhaps I could learn the recording business by hanging around and eventually be promoted from within.
Clearly, I was both vulnerable and delusional and began to gain awareness to this fact by 10 am as I was chatting with my data entry cubicle neighbor who was sold a similar bill of goods as had many others. There was no intent other than to have me do data entry until I realized that it was all I was ever going to do at the company. At about 11:30, I went to my supervisor and asked if I could take my lunch so that I could keep one last commitment with my previous employer (a lie).
At 11:30, I left, never to return and never even called to ask for my paycheck. That was that.

Tell us about the time you rescued someone else (person or animal) from a dangerous situation. What happened? How did you prevail?

When was the first time you really felt like a grown up (if ever)?
After both of my parents had passed away, there was kind of a reality check. The realization that I couldn’t go to my parents to ask for some kind of help was an awakening. Not that I was ever the guy who did that, I got into my own messes and I always felt that in order to learn anything, I had to get myself out of them – and I did; but I always knew that if I had to, I could call my parents and they would be there for me. After they were gone, and even more, when I became a parent – wow – there is an eye opener!

Do you prefer gift wrap or gift bags? Simple To & From gift tags or cards?
Easy, gift wrap. Even a bad wrap job indicates there was a real effort made. A gift bag is, in most cases, just a quick and dirty solution. That’s not to say that it isn’t appreciated, after all, someone took the time to get the gift in the first place, so don’t misunderstand me. I know that I really love the process of wrapping a gift for someone, there is something meditative about it and allow me to reflect on the person, the gift and the whole thought and I feel like that comes across to the recipient.

What are your favorite and least favorite things about Winter?
Favorite: There is something cleaning about the cold and snow can be absolutely beautiful.
Least Favorite: Excessive cold and while sometimes beautiful, the snow and cold can be treacherous and is always annoying to have to clear out from the driveway and get around in.

You’ve just been given a ticket to travel anywhere. Where is your destination?
I’d probably go with Italy. I want to tour Italy someday, especially my dad’s hometown.

No comments: