Monday, January 12, 2015

For 14 cents? Really? Well, Yes!

I was at a bar/restaurant with some friends to watch the football game the other day. When it came time to pay the check, I did the match and when all was said and done, I tacked on the tip to bring the total to $32.86.

Today, I go to reconcile my credit card statement and noticed that the restaurant charged $33.00 to my card; they took it upon themselves to round it up.

Not sure who they think they are by doing this and while it may seem trite to raise a fuss over 14 cents, it's theft, it's illegal, and I won't have it!

I placed an official dispute with the credit card company today and sent them a copy of the receipts.

Folks, please, don't let shit like this go, even though it's only pennies and even though it may not seem worth it, it's all about the principle of the matter.

No comments: