Tuesday, January 06, 2015

The Weather Outside is...BRUTAL!

My friend in Florida sent this today; yeah, she's a pip! To her credit, she's lived through the cold winters of the north so I guess it's okay :) I have to admit, I laughed so hard at this that I almost stopped breathing.

Once I got past the laughter though, I had a vivid memory of walking in New York City back in the early 80's. Some have made light of this imagery, but it was real - seeing people actually living in boxes, all wrapped up in whatever they could find to add just one more layer.

Think about when you walk out in the really cold, or even decide not to go out at all because it's just too cold to do so.

To think that there are people out there with nowhere else to go - people that must endure that cold and just find some way to get through it.

I am so darn grateful to have what I do and I know that I sometimes take it for granted, even if it is not my intent.

No comments: