Saturday, February 21, 2015

Grown up Boots

I first claimed to need warmer boots on this blog back in 2008, several times since, in more recent years, I talked of how it was time to buy a pair of "grown up boots".

Finally, after talking about it for years, then missing the damn inventory at L.L. Bean, I have placed my order!

These boots pictured here are hand made in Maine, and sell out every year. Of course, the past few years, I missed out and talk about how I am going to get in on the next batch and have missed out several times.

A few weeks ago, I got a 25% off coupon in email and thought this was the time, the 25% off was a nice incentive since these boots are a steep $199. I placed my order!!!

This morning, I get an email with a 30% off coupon. So, I placed another order, then when confirmed, I cancelled the order I placed at 25% off. Hey, another $10 is another $10.

Looking forward to a quality book that will keep my feet warm and dry and even have a lifetime guarantee; I feel so grown up.

No comments: