Sunday, February 15, 2015

Have You Heard About the Snow?

For those of you outside of a major snow zone, the idea of more than 7 FEET of snow in a three week period seems only mythical. last night into this morning left us another foot plus - I thought I would offer some photos of what things look like at this point: 

At this point, I had cleared about 2/3 of the garage door area. You can see he accumulation to that point, a bit more than a foot. The snowfall was probably closer to 15 inches but there was a bit of moisture that packed down the fluffier stuff.

This is looking down the driveway toward the street; I had not yet finished carving my way all the way through.

This is a small glimpse into the back yard. For some perspective as to the quantity of snow hanging around back there, there is a fenced in area of approximately 40' x 30' and the fence is around 4' tall; the entire fenced in area has snow to the height of the fence at a minimun, some areas have much taller drifts.

You'll notice there is a shed back there,.when it will be accessible again, only mother nature knows for sure.

I was able to carve out enough of the mailbox to allow the USPS to continue delivery.

This is a combination drift, plow, blower pile that reaches a height somewhere between 7' and 9'. The location of this pile, at the end of the driveway makes getting out of my driveway way more challenging.

Taken from the road looking at the house.

Earlier in the snow season I had actually carved a path to the front door - that won't be happening again for some time. Some of the drifts here are more than 8' tall.

Wider shot of house from side; you can see accumulation on roof and drifts up to front door.

There is a lot of snow out there peeps! In fact, even along the sides of the driveway, something I couldn't capture effectively in pictures, the walls of snow are now so high, the snow blower is almost incapable of throwing snow over them; I experience a number of avalanches while cleaning today.

I believe the words of Alice Cooper are most appropriate here, "Welcome to My Nightmare!"

No comments: