I am so addicted to Oreo,cookies and sweets that the mere sight of this recipe got me to sign up for a danm Pinterest account!
While I resist sugary things, I am still mesmerized at the thought of this and as such, felt it necessary to share it here,
I'll offer some commentary on the recipe itself at the end.
1 package oreo cookies
4 tbsp. butter, melted
8 oz reduced fat cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp. skim milk
12 oz fat free cool whip
6 Snack Pack Fat Free Chocolate Pudding cups (or make 1 package of chocolate pudding)
- Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with nonstick spray
- In a food processor, or in a zip closed bag, crush the Oreo Cookies (I used the bag version and it was super easy without all the clean up of the food processor)
- Set aside 1 cup of crushed Oreos for topping
- Combine remaining crushed Oreo's with melted butter
- Press buttered Oreo's into the bottom of the prepared dish
- In a small bowl whip the softened cream cheese using a handheld mixer until light and fluffy
- Mix in sugar, milk and 1 1/4 cups of cool whip until well combined
- Spread cream cheese layer over the Oreo crust until smooth and even
- Layer chocolate pudding in an even layer over the cream cheese
- Spoon remaining cool whip over pudding and gently smooth
- Sprinkle on mini chocolate chips
- Place in refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours but overnight is best
- Serve & ENJOY!!
Commentary: Despite never having made this yet, I would definitely NOT use reduced fat cream cheese, fat free cool whip or snack pack pudding...there is no reason to, the "savings" are offset my so many factors...use the real stuff and make a delicious version,