Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Someday Someway

Released in 1982, Marshall Crenshaw's first album was instantly one of my favorites. More than 32 years later, it still is one of my favorite albums ever and I would put it up against any record ever released by any artist. From the moment I first heard this record I wanted to see Marshall Crenshaw perform live but for some reason, it just never happened.

A little over a week ago, on 1/24, I realized a wish of more than 32 years - I got to see Marshall Crenshaw perform live and after the show, I had the chance to meet him, say hello, and tell him how much of a fan of his music I am - such a great experience.

The show was at "The Center for Arts", a small local venue that only has about 275 seats; a very intimate and wonderful venue to see a performance. What was especially cool, just 24 hours earlier than Marshall Crenshaw taking the stage, my daughter performed on the very same stage.

Also cool, the opening act, a band called "The Bottle Rockets". While around for more than 20 years, I had never even heard of them - they were fantastic. Not only did The Bottle Rockets perform an opening set, they also served as Marshall Crenshaw's backing band.

Here are some pics from the event:

Before the show

The Bottle Rockets



There was a great story on how he acquired this Rickenbacker 12 string




Marshall Crenshaw and The Bottle Rockets




Marshall Crenshaw

It's All About the Bass

There really needs to be a trained professional who knows how to take a cell phone picture at meet & greet events. The lady who had my phone looked like it was the first time she had ever taken a cell phone picture. I told her to "press the button with the camera on it", it really is pretty obvious. Then she's just standing there holding it and I'm feeling guilty taking up so much time when there are other fan's who wanna meet with the guy and it had to be uncomfortable for him to. She said, "boy, your phone takes a long time to take a picture." An illogical statement, and an inaccurate one. I told her to just press the button, then he goes over to check it out and show her...so funny. Somehow these two pics are what came out of it. In the second one, you can see it was snapped as he was going to her to help her. LOL!


No comments: