Friday, February 13, 2015

Teens are N-V-T-S Nuts!

This happened on Thursday, 2/12/15 while having dinner at home:

Daughter: Hey dad, is it Tuesday?
Me: No, it's Thursday
Daughter: I totally forgot, I have to bring in brie for a French party at school tomorrow
Me: Tomorrow is Friday, you asked if it was Tuesday...you mixed up?
Daughter: I don't know...can wee go get some brie? Please?
Me: Sure, I'll take you after dinner.
Daughter: Where do you get brie?
Me: What? Are you serious?
Daughter: Well?
Me: [contemplating hard as to just how sarcastic I should be and ultimately deciding not to be] Just about any supermarket.

*** I immediately changed the topic because any further opportunity to be sarcastic would have been to hard to resist, dad or not, I am only human. ***

We went to get the brie and all was right with the world.

No comments: