Thursday, March 12, 2015

Boiled Dinner

As we approach St. Patrick's day, last year marked the first time in a very long time, that I didn't have a nice plate of the traditional "boiled dinner', Corned Beef & Cabbage; and I missed it!

My plan for this year is to incorporate the boiled dinner into the whole Crock Pot thingie I have going on right now and enjoy it with my kid this coming Sunday.

Interesting thing about March 17th, in addition to St. Patrick's Day,:

  1. Evacuation Day is a public holiday in Suffolk County (including Boston), Massachusetts, in the United States on March 17 each year. It celebrates the date when the British troops evacuated Boston during the American Revolutionary War.
Before a recent change in the union contract that I work under, I had "Evacuation day" off as a guaranteed holiday. I always made jokes about it saying it was the day we all get off poop.

No comments: