Thursday, March 05, 2015

Recipe: Crock Pot Beef Stew

Today is all about the food. I may have mentioned that my daughter asked me a while back to break out the crock pot every now and again so I've been doing it as our Sunday thing the last three weeks. This recipe was the first one we had, I found it on food.com.

Ingredients:
2 lbs. stewing beef, cubed
1/4 c flout
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 c beef stock
1 tsp paprika
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 bay leaf
6 garlic cloves, crushed
1 onion, chopped
4 carrots, sliced
3 potatoes, cubed

Directions:

  1. Combine flour, salt and pepper
  2. Coat beef with flour mixture
  3. Put beef mixture and all other ingredients in crock pot
  4. Cook 4-5 hours on high or 10-12 hours on low
Some thoughts from my experience:
  • Very simple, and delicious, a keeper for sure.
  • To coat the beef, I put flour mixture in a gallon size ziploc bag then put beef in the bag and shook them vigorously to coat.

No comments: