Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The Best Damn Song in the World

This past Friday night, several of us were out in a pub watching live music and celebrating JP's birthday. There was talk between JP and the Meesh about writing a song called "The Best Damn Song in the World"; or at least that is what I heard.

I thought I would attempt to offer a verse or so, so I grabbed a nearby Keno ticket and pencil and used it for something more useful than Keno. Here's what I came up with:

It's the best damn song in the world
and it ain't about a boy and a girl
it's a simply melody that I wrote
when you hear (it)
you're gonna love every note

We then all dropped the subject and made for some odd, yet interesting moments on the dance floor. I know that sounded like I said dance floor, and I did, yes, it was odd...but also interesting, and so funny!

No comments: