Sunday, March 01, 2015

Wack-a-Doodle Server and Phoebe Cates

I may as well begin this post with a photo of Phoebe Cates from the movie "Fast Times at Ridgemont High". My buddy John and I were sitting in a lounge watching a local musician play. At some point in the evening, a young lady who looked just like this young Phoebe Cates walked in and sat at the bar in front of us with her boyfriend. Talk about a distraction! John and I had several FTRH references ready to go, and of course, we made a number of jokes and had several FB posts as a result of this visit from "Phoebe".

The server was a real trip, a nice enough person but she was one of the least competent servers I've ever encountered. Not only was she slow, she screwed up literally every single order she took - I became obsessed with watching her work. It was mesmerizing is a way to see someone just mangle every single order and the interactions with those whose orders she mangled....some really amazing facial expressions on customers faces.

No comments: