Thursday, April 30, 2015

Along for the Ride

Longtime readers and lurkers know of my love for the haiku form. It has been a bit since I've done some Haiku but today, I had one of those pen hits paper, out comes a haiku moments. Here is what I wrote:

Along for the ride
Wishing you were here with me
I dream of the lake

I was just going to call that a post but then something happened, as it often does when I write and equally as often, it's hard to explain. I looked down at my desk and the pen was asking to be grabbed, the pad was asking to be written on...this is what came out:

For years it has grown
These feelings from miles away
Can we get closer?

Even as I finished typing, the pad and pen are sending a sign, that perhaps there is something else they must release - a transmission from my soul perhaps? I shall grab the pen now and see what happens...

I stopped typing the previous paragraph 12 minutes ago. The two haiku poems above took about a minute combined to write, the following one was composed in the last twelve minutes; I read the two above, sat back on my chair with pen and pad in hand and closed my eyes and started to let my imagination extract inspiration from the same place - this is what I came up with:

You are my weakness
Each of my breaths bear your name
Each heart beat is yours

No comments: