Saturday, April 18, 2015

Gathering and Loss

Last month I told you about the passing of a granddaughter of a former colleague. Today, a group of us got together for a happy brunch with that former colleague.

It was really nice to get together and have some laughs, even more so after such a devastating loss. 

Just before I was set to leave for this gathering, I got a call from my sister delivering the bad news that my Uncle Frank had passed away. Uncle Frank had been in declining health for some time now but boy was he a fighter.

I just started researching flights to Arizona and nearly had a heart attack. I knew last minute is way more expensive but some of the numbers are ridiculous. Plus, I don't yet know the specific dates of the services - once I do, maybe I cam call some airlines but I will at least have a little more that I can work with; I really want to go out there to be there for my Aunt and Cousin,

No comments: