Thursday, April 23, 2015

I Dislike Stephen

If you are a fan of Stephen Thompson from NPR, the you get the title of this post - for the rest of you, that is his twitter handle: @idislikestephen.

I listen to Stephen Thompson regularly on two different NPR shows, All Songs Considered, in which he is a frequent contributor along with fixtures Bob Boilen and Robin Hilton and on Pop Culture Happy Hour, in which he is one of (now) three regular panelists along with Linda Holmes and Glen Weldon.

Both Stephen Thompson and Bob Boilen were in Bean Town from their usual base of D.C. and decided to do a meetup - I could not resist!

Bob Boilen is really nice and very interesting to talk to, especially if you are into music and live shows, that man breaths the stuff!

Stephen Thompson may very well be the nicest dude I ever met, I mean just a real down to earth regular guy that from the minute he says hello, it's as if you've known each other forever.

I have to say that it was a really great experience to meet these guys who I listen to every week and it makes me happy to no end when you meet people that you admire so much and they prove they deserve the admiration - thanks guys!

No comments: