Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Television Tragedy and the Opposite

The big tragedy is the rapid decline in Mad Men. While I am still invested in the characters themselves, mostly because they are so well played by their actors, the writing on this show has just gone from bad to worse. I wish I could just walk away and forget the series ever existed and that I watched so intently for so long but at this point, with only three or four episodes left, I need to see where the characters end up.

On the positive side of the spectrum, while I went into the idea of a prequel to Breaking Bad with great trepidation; thinking that Vince Gilligan should just leave it be. For me, "Breaking Bad" was the best drama series in the history of television and had a series finale that could be considered nothing short of absolute perfection. As I recently watched the season 1 finale of "Better Call Saul" I must commend Gilligan, Peter Gould and the rest of the writing team along with the actors, especially Bob Odenkirk, who has been brilliant.

No comments: