Sunday, May 31, 2015

Lady Antebellum Concert

The first stop on the "Summer of Concerts" tour for me was last evening at the amphitheater currently referred to as the "Xfinity Center"; the performers: Lady antebellum featuring Hunter Hayes and Sam Hunt.

Sam Hunt opened the show with a crowd pleasing set. I like some of his stuff but there are a couple of new trends in country music that I don't like, one of them is sort of a pseudo-rap style withing the song, he does this, when he does, I'd rather not be listening. Overall though, as a live performer, Hunt did a nice job of getting the crowd ready.

Hunter Hayes impressed me. This 23 year old kid entertained me every moment he was on stage - my niece is a big fan, I had to text her and tell her that I approve of her love for him. Also, considering he played for almost as long as Lady Antebellum did after, I am considering him a co-headliner rather than an opener. The kid can do just about anything, from what I understand, plays about 30 instruments - of the ones I witnessed: piano, mandolin, and guitar, he's a real talent - quite a good guitarist.

Lady Antebellum was fantastic! You can easily forget how many hit songs a band has until you hear then sing for an hour and a half and realize that you know every single song.

This was a great kickoff to the summer of concerts.

No comments: