Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Limerick Day


Did you know that May 12th is Limerick day? You'll find a number of limericks on this blog over the years, I thought I would write one in honor of this particular day, here it is:

Once per year there is Limerick Day
On May 12th, hey wait, that's today
I'll come up with one
'Cause it seems like such fun
When I'm done, I'll get on with my day

Aside from the classic dirty limericks, do you have any limericks that you've heard, read or written over the years that are among your favorites? Share one in the comments...PLEASE!

UPDATE:
Here's one I just wrote just now, inspired by the great Bob Dylan song "Blowin' in the Wind":

At the question they all stopped and grinned
Such a query one could not rescind
How many deaths will it take 'til we get
There's no second chances and no time for regret
The answer is blowin' in the wind

No comments: