Wednesday, May 20, 2015

MEME: The Employment Enjoyment Meme

What kind of work do you do?
I work in higher education, academic computing (elearning). I also teach as an adjunct in the computer science department.

During the course of your lifetime, which job or career has been your favorite or most fulfilling?
This one for certain. I am pretty passionate about education everyone's role as an educator. While the time I spent in advertising wasn't as fulfilling as a whole, there were parts of it I really liked, in particular, the creative part.

Do you think it's necessary in your life to have a day-to-day "career" that is meaningful and service-oriented or do you function better in "just a job" with a steady paycheck?
I think because I am in a position where I need to work to live, I am capable of good work under either pretense. However, if you are doing what you feel like you are supposed to be doing, there are far greater rewards beyond the paycheck. Of course, that is not to say there aren't ample frustrations and tough times, but working through those knowing what the good stuff is, is far easier.

Was there ever a time in your life when you wanted to stay home with your children instead of working, even if it meant less money in the household?
I can't really say this s applicable to me and my life.

Tell us your worst boss story.
I had a boss who was a cocaine addict and once I started managing the business, he virtually disappeared and it was tough to get paid or any other information from him.

Have your ever been the boss? Do you like this this role?
I've had management roles, it's really hard to manage people and almost impossible to manage a friend. That said, while I think I am okay at it, it's not my favorite thing to do.

What is your dream occupation?
If we are talking broad strokes, I'd love to be a performer. I've dreamed so many times of commanding an audience. I do love what I do now, it's not always easy, in fact, it's rarely easy, but there is something wonderful about it.

No comments: