Saturday, May 09, 2015

Meme: "The Saturday 9 with "Harper Valley P.T.A."

Hear the song here:
 

This week's featured artist uses her middle initial (C. for Carolyn) all the time. Do you use your middle initial very often? 
I actually don't have a middle name, hence no middle initial. When I made confirmation in 7th grade, I took a confirmation name "Anthony" and have been know to on random occasion to refer to myself (and be referred even rarer, mostly by Johnny D, by my full name including the initial from my confirmation name.

In this song, a mother tells off the local PTA. What's the most recent school event you attended -- whether as a parent, a teacher or a student?
I work in a school, and the most recent event I attended was the employee recognition event. As a parent, I began doing college tours with my daughter not too long ago.

The lyrics reference the mom's miniskirts, which were trendy in the 1960s. The website Popsugar reports that gingham checks are trendy for 2015. Tell us about the most recent addition to your wardrobe.
Bow ties. I have wanted to jump into the bow tie arena for some time and then I just did it. I have begun a thing I call "Bow Tie Monday" where I wear a Bow Tie each Monday. I suspect I will take a break during summer session as I usually heavily relax the dress code during that period but look out for a return in the fall (and for the next Monday or two).

Thinking of moms, Access Hollywood named Carol Brady of The Brady Bunch TV's #1 mom. Who is your favorite TV mom?
In recent times, Betty Draper, because she is smoking hot...not going to sugar coat it.

Mother Winters always gave Sam peppermint tea to calm her stomach. Do you have any tried-and-true home remedies to share?
Not really, at least not any that really work awesomely. However, there are a couple of nostalgic things that come to mind such as using Witch Hazel on pimples, which kind of does work, ish - (though it's ridiculous that I still occasionally get a blemish at 50), and my dad's solution to fighting a fever of getting completely under the covers (I may even have that right, but I do it).

Sam's mother always tips 15% in restaurants. Sam has worked in food service and is more judgmental, tipping between 10% and 25%, depending on the quality of the service. What's your tipping policy? Are you more like Sam or her mother?
If you've been a reader of this blog for any length of time, you know how much I hate the idea of tipping, and that tipping on a percentage basis is stupid, makes zero sense. That said, I base my tip on the quality of the service I receive but I will very rarely if ever go over 20%.

When the tip of her shoelace becomes frayed, Sam's mother snips off the end and then paints the tip with clear nail polish. Good as new! Sam thinks that's crazy because you can just buy new laces for less than $2. Are you more frugal like mother or spendthrift like daughter?
Forget about frugality, I want to try that method just to see if it really works - that would be awesome. By the way, those tips are called "aglets".

Mother Winters loves how french vanilla smells and burns her Yankee Candles all year around. Do you use scented candles or air fresheners?
Yes, not all the time, but on occasion.

Sam is celebrating Mother's Day with her mother's favorite, Hershey Bars. Would you prefer classic milk chocolate, dark chocolate or chocolate with almonds?
Dark chocolate with almonds, thanks for asking.

No comments: