Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Project Mitzvah

A while back I saw a post from a woman in my town asking for recommendations for someone to do a slide show video for her daughter's Bat Mitzvah. I knew that whomever she found was going to charge a lot of money and for some reason, I felt compelled to step in.

I'm no professional, but I have some talent in this area and I know that I could probably get this family what they are looking for and charge a significantly lower fee - it felt like a way to do something community minded by helping a neighbor,

We had a phone conversation, and I was hired.

I've been working on the project for a while, it's almost done, but I have to say, it's been rewarding in ways beyond the civic-minded idea that prompted me to offer my services. Sequencing these pictures to music and editing the songs - it's really reminded me so much of the potential impact of setting pictures to music.

No comments: