Saturday, May 23, 2015

The Kindness of Strangers

As see on Craigslist, under the "FREE" category:

Spare copies of some classic Genesis albums from the band's progressive era, for in-person pickup:

  • From Genesis to Revelation (1969) (Varese Sarabande 2008 remastering)
  • The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway (1974) (Virgin 2007 remastering)
  • A Trick of the Tail (1976) (Atlantic/Definitive Edition Remaster)
  • Wind & Wuthering (1977) (Atlantic/Definitive Edition Remaster)
  • Seconds Out (1977) (Virgin 2001 remastering)
  • ... And Then There Were Three (1978) (Atlantic/Definitive Edition Remaster)
  • Duke (1980) (Atlantic/Definitive Edition Remaster)
On not one of these albums does Phil Collins croon "Sus, sus, sus-sudio."

Hmmmmm, I said, I know I am missing a couple of those and the ones I have are not the remasters. So I sent an email, someone named "Dallas" got back to me...I now own them (and promised in return to pay it forward somehow).

Pretty cool transaction. Expect these to appear on future "In My Ears" posts.

No comments: