Monday, June 29, 2015

Amazing Saturday Part 1 - The Food and The News

This was going to be a very long day, so it had to start out with some solid fortification...I turned to one of the most reliable sources I know, "The Carve", at the Ashland Farmer's Market.

Everything about The Carve is all anyone could ever ask for: Great people, caring service and amazing food prepared with care and love.

I have to admit, it was nice to get the rock star treatment as well, made me feel really special! I introduced my friend Cindy to the wonders of The Carve - she opted for the breakfast sandwich while I went with the Asian meatball sub; we both had some iced coffee from another vendor called "Acoustic Java".

Saturday was about two stops on the #summerofconcerts tour: The first of those stops was at Indian Ranch, located on Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg (I actually know how to pronounce this) in Webster, MA. The concert, "Huey Lewis & The News" with opener "Jaime Kent".

I never heard of Jaime Kent until I saw him and I have to say, he was terrific. Great performer, great stage presence and personality and great songs and music.

Huey Lewis and the New have been around for decades, had many hits in the 80's and early 90's and I have always been a fan but had never had the chance to see them until now,

Huey's voice is not quite there anymore but he does still have some great performance chops, great personality, "cool" factor, and a good band and that definitely went a long way in entertaining me and the crown on hand in this very intimate outdoor venue.

The setlist (not yet published on setlist.fm) included many favorites and a few newer selections.The crowd was energetic and the band fed of that energy and delivered.

This was a good time!!!

BTW, while the ticket stub indicates no cost, I bought them from a dude on craigslist who got them in some promotion, I got them for $25 each, a good deal for sure!

When the concert ended, it was time to head to Connecticut...talk to you about that in part 2.

No comments: