Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Happy 11th Birthday From a Whisper to a Scream

A short time more than 11 years ago today I was sitting at a picnic table at Gerard Farms in Framingham, MA having lunch with my friend Jill, her mom, my friend Linda, and I don't recall if anyone else was there. Jill talked about blogging and her blog...then I decided to start this blog.

It's crazy how much had taken place in the last 11 years, how the blogging community has all but disappeared (though I am so happy to have remained in contact with many of the people that I met through this medium).

I still love this place, I love the idea of just saying whatever it is I want, even if sometimes it's just gibberish. I love that there are folks that still come by and read this blog, from all over the world (even if some of them end up here accidentally).

The number one song when I wrote the first post on this blog was "The Reason" by Hoobastank."Burn" by Usher would give that song a run for it's money very shortly after.

Gas prices had recently gone over the $2/per gallon mark on average across the nation.

I still had a few months before turning 40 and considerably less gray hair on 6/24/2004.

Thank You!

I know it's been a long time since there were regular commenters here, but I know you are reading from the stats. All I really know how to do here is to be me, and that is not always perfect. I've learned a lot from doing this though and I really am truly grateful to all who've stopped by over the years and all who've offered feedback in any form.

No comments: