Friday, June 26, 2015

Summer of Concerts Rolls on: Kid Rock with Special Guest, Foreigner (Part 1)


This one has been on the books for a while and I was really looking forward to it. My daughter was with me for this one.

I'd love to praise the opening, opening at-they only announced their name once and it wasn't clear. However, they were really terrific and I would love to support them; I'll need to dig around.

Foreigner has been around since the late 1970's, in fact, at one time, they were arguably bigger than Kid Rock at his biggest. I say this as praise for Kid Rock for allowing a legendary band not only to open for him, but gave them free run to really put on a show and even have an encore - that's quite a great thing to do.

Foreigner, though I believe Mick Jones may be the only original member (I'd have to look into that for sure), Lou Gramm, the original (and remarkable) vocalist has been out for some time, current singer Kelly Hanson is nothing short of spectacular. Foreigner really crushed it and the crowd ate up every bit of it. During he encore, the smash hit "I Wanna Know What Love Is", the band brought out a choir made up of locals from the area surrounding the venue.

Here is the setlist Foreigner played last night:

Double Vision
Head Games
Cold as Ice
Dirty White Boy
Feels Like the First Time
Urgent
Juke Box Hero

Encore:
I Want to Know What Love Is
Hot Blooded

I need to write a separate post later about Kid Rock, this one is not big enough for how amazed I still am at what he did.

No comments: