Friday, July 10, 2015

Def Leppard with Styx & Tesla - Part 2


Of these three bands, Styx was the only one I hadn't seen before. If I am not mistaking, Tommy Shaw is the only classic member of the band in the current touring unit (not 100% certain though). Still, they were really great - so glad that I got to see them. Here's the setlist:


  • The Grand Illusion
  • Too Much Time on My Hands
  • Fooling Yourself (The Angry Young Man)
  • Miss America
  • Lady
  • Blue Collar Man (Long Nights)
  • Rocket Man / Bohemian Rhapsody /(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay
  • Come Sail Away

Encore:

  • Rockin' the Paradise
  • Renegade

While it was definitely well done and entertaining, the little cover medley could have not been done and give me another Styx song or two - that said, Styx put on a really fantastic show filled with wonderful harmonies, a terrific stage set and classic songs that stand the test of time.

I know there was buzz not too long ago that the band was in talks with Dennis DeYoung, I am not sure if that was true or hearsay but I would see that in a heartbeat. Lawrence Gowan who has been with Styx since 1999 is a talented and entertaining performer with similar vocal range to DeYoung - for the old timers who go back to the DeYoung days, it's clearly different but for all who appreciate a good musical performance, this version of the band can deliver.

No comments: