Monday, July 06, 2015

LIfe In a Haze

The past few days have been something of a haze, but with clarity. I know, confusing, but so is pneumonia. I recall as a little kid, I remember hearing the term "pneumonia" and always thought people were mispronouncing "ammonia"; and if course, that made the fact that people "had it" way more confusing.

Most of the haze haze factor is attributed to sleep deprivation. There is a real catch-22 involved in that they say that rest is relevant to recovery, yet the fact that my lungs are attempting to exit my body through my mouth via violent fits of coughing, it's been impossible to piece together more than an hour or two of sleep at a time. Yesterday and today I may have a 3 or 4 hour block under my belt, but that's about it...it's all fuzzy.

I'm getting a little worried because this is a big week for my kid and I on the #summerofconcerts tour: we are schedule to see Def Leppard with Styx & Tesla on Thursday evening and then travel to Buffalo on Friday to see the Rolling Stones on Saturday. She is super psyched about Def Leppard, I don't want to not take her. If I am still too sick, I may ask her mom to take her. I've posted the Stones tix on Stub HUb and Craigslist, as much as I'd like to see them again and more, have my kid see them, it's going to be a very long trip and taxing - if I can't sell the tix, then I will go, not going to throw $240 in the trash.

I am doing my best to take it easy, home from work, checking in with my online students and forcing myself to at least lay down in bed even if I can't sleep. Oh, and the ridiculous amount of fluids and am pouring into my body.

No comments: