Wednesday, July 08, 2015

The Dunkin' Run that Had to Be Done

I made the decision to take the entire week off as I recover from pneumonia. Incidentally, I think I may change the pronunciation of the word to better express how I feel about the illness itself and to give the p some value in the word instead of just sitting there silent. For the time being, I am calling it, "pooh-neumonia".

The night before last was a bit of a breakthrough in terms of being able to pretty much sleep through. Last night I did wake up once in the middle of the night but there was no prolific coughing fit involved, a short time later I was back asleep.

It's very evident to me that it's not over, and may not be completely over for  awhile, but it does finally feel that I am on the mend and that the medications are doing what they are paid to do.

After being couped up for days in this house, and as I am almost completely out of food and snacks, I made an executive decision to drive the mile and a half to the nearest Dunkin Donuts' this morning to get a toasted bagel with cream cheese and a medium decaf, with cream (no sugar).

More than the Dunkin' product, it was the idea of getting out of the house for a few minutes that really made the difference for me. It was recommended to me that I get out and wlak a little up and down the driveway, just to get some fresh air and be outdoors, however, the humidity is about as high as it can be without precipitation, it's extremely oppressive and that will not be good for my lungs, my comfort, or my disposition.

No comments: