Monday, August 24, 2015

A Craigslist Story

Recently set up the "guest bedroom' as an actual guest bedroom. More accurately, setting it up - I bought an actual bed - well, mattress set. I've had a nice air mattress for a long time but it died. To replace it with something as nice is actually as expensive as an inexpensive mattress set - so I went with the mattress set,

I had a bed frame in my basement, so I was able to use that. I spent some time trolling Craigslist to see if I could find a no or low cost headboard - I don't think it's necessary but it's nice. I found someone giving one away, a nice one.

I was able to get an assist this afternoon from my friend Andy to pick it up and get it to my house, when I got home later, I went to set it up - only to discover it was not a conventional sized queen headboard but rather a piece of a bed frame that was not a universal fit. I am glad I didn't pay money to rent a truck to pick this thing up! I did by lunch for Andy but I'd have done that for nothing, I never feel bad about treating someone I know to an Italian sub from Waverly Market.

So I decide, screw it, I have had great success just trashing household items and people just taking them from the trash. I was depending on someone taking it or I'd have had to call in for a "large item" pickup - so at around 6pm, I placed the headboard out front...

later that eveing, around 8pm, I notice a pick up truck pull up and take the headboard...love it.

No comments: